So pregnancy is hard enough to deal with when you lose control of your body. Add in a bit of history with body image issues and someone who is OCD and likes to be in control of her body, and you have a full-fledged war waged between physical and mental. When I was pg with DS, I was very worried about myself being able to handle all the changes going on. At first, it was difficult, especially when you just feel "fat", and not pg. But after a while, I was surprised by how well I accepted my baby belly. It's important to note, however, that with your first pregnancy, you definitely show later, and what I think was more "gracefully". Plus, you have no idea what your post-baby body will look like, and ignorance is bliss! This time my body reverted back to my pregnant form wayyyyyy earlier than before, so my acceptance did not have to be gradual, it had to be overnight. And I clearly know how my post-baby jelly belly will look (gulp)...which is scary! As vain as this will sound, I'm also known by students, colleagues and friends as the "skinny one", and my students have never seen me pg, since the last time I was pg the seniors from last year were 9th graders. So anyway...hence the reason for this post. I need to remind myself what I actually LIKE about my pregnant form. So...here goes...::deep breath::
1. My face really does "glow". With this kid I have a nearly perfect complexion, which is a staunch contrast from my DS...I was pizza face with him
2. My hair is thick, shiny and not fuzzy on top. For someone with very thin hair and lots of tiny little hairs everywhere from my DS...I'm loving it!
3. My nails are long and strong without even trying!
4. When I see a cookie I can eat it, or I can have dinner and not feel like I have to suck in my stomach...very nice!
5. I'm carrying higher this time, which I think makes a much cuter baby bump
6. Although I'm not a fan of the boobies...I know my hubby is...so I had to add it in anyway.
Is it sad I can only come up with 6?! I'm trying!
Wouldn't it be easier if we all looked this good pg?!


3 comments:
You look adorable!! Add that & your own photo to your list. :)
awe thanks Amber!
Post a Comment