AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Holding Back the Tears

Why is it that my students, and even a few co-workers, think telling me I'm "huge" or "bigger this time" or "that's gonna be a huge baby" is acceptable?????  It's a wonder I can keep myself from bursting into tears every time it's mentioned, since I can feel the pregnancy hormones brewing just under the surface all the time (believe me it takes all my strength to hold back the bitchy, grouchy, complaining, nag).  Haven't they ever heard of restraint, or polite little white lies?!  I should know that my high school students are incapable of bull, but my co-workers too?!  Oh behave and mind your manners.  So this weekend one of my goals is to work on developing thicker skin...because I have about 11 weeks left to "grow"...God knows what they'll be saying when I'm waddling down the hallways at 39 weeks.  ::sigh::

2 comments:

Josefine said...

Oh hon, I know. I get it too. Just know that no one is calling you fat! I think they think it's some sort of strange compliment on your healthy baby. At least that's how I'm taking it!

Zookers said...

Umm..all the pics I've seen of you I keep thinking how SMALL you are! People are just stupid! ((hugs))

-zookbride