AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thirty!

 
Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 30 weeks and still a squash (boring!)
Weight gain/loss: don't know...don't care :)
 Symptoms:  only this pesky cold and lack of sleep...I just can't get comfortable and plan to resort to some meds tonight to help me rest.  I'm soooooo tired!!!  ::yawn::
Maternity clothes?: except workout clothes and a couple dresses, all
Stretch marks?: nope...still slathering with my body butter and exfoliating
Sleep:  SHITTY!  no other word for it.  no sleep for me!  ugh!
Best moment this week:  getting GDT out of the way (today) and finally seeing my midwife (seems like forever since my last appt).  I would also like to add a NBR moment...the birth my my bff's new son Maddox Maxwell!  Welcome to the world cutie!
Food cravings: hot turkey sandwiches, banana yogurt, sweets
Gender:  a girlie
Belly button in or out?: in but I'm carrying so much higher this time, DS was so low...so my belly button looks weird this time.
Movement?: ouch is all I can say...ouch!
Signs of Labor: only 2 BH this week, doing great!
What I miss?: this week...SLEEP!
What I'm looking forward to:  NBR:  my trip to Chicago with Ty this weekend to see my friends & family!  I'm nervous about flying pg with a 3 yo, but excited to get there!
Weekly Wisdom: if you want a clean "landing strip"...ask for a Brazilian wax...not a bikini. You will be disappointed, like I was :(
Weekly WTF: how exhausted do you have to be to actually have sleep take over?! And have you ever heard of being so exhausted you feel nauseous...yeah...that's me!
Milestones: GDT and starting appts every 2 weeks!  Also I guess a mini-milestone for me was my bff's due date, since I knew we were about 10 weeks apart.  Makes it feel real.  I also think getting a sub (which I finally did) and putting in my maternity leave paperwork (deciding on dates, etc) was a big milestone as well.
 


Baby Girl's Stats:
Your baby now measures a little more than 39cm from crown to toe. Her growth in terms of her length will soon slow down but she will continue to gain weight until she's born. She probably weighs about 1.3kg at this stage.

Your baby's lungs and digestive tract are almost fully developed. She continues to open and shut her eyes. She can probably see what's going on inside your uterus (womb), tell light from dark and even track a light source. If you shine a light on your stomach, your baby may move her head to follow the light or even reach out to touch the moving glow.

Some researchers think baring your stomach to light stimulates visual development. But your baby won't be able to see much when she's born. Newborns can see a distance of only between 20cm and 30cm. Children with normal vision don't reach 20/20 vision (the same as an adult) until the age of about eight. To complete the picture, your baby now has eyebrows and can bat her eyelashes!

About a liter of amniotic fluid now surrounds your baby, but that volume decreases as she gets bigger and has less room in your uterus. As you and your baby continue to grow, don't be alarmed if you feel
breathless, as if you can't get enough air. It's just your uterus pressing against your diaphragm.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though. At about 34 weeks (or just before birth, if this is your second or third pregnancy), your baby's head will move down into your pelvis as she gets into the right position for birth. That will make breathing and eating a lot easier.
 

No comments: