AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Can I complain for a minute?


Okay so I'm cranky today.  It's really only for 1 reason, and that's because I didn't sleep a wink last night.  I can't believe that my baby insomnia is starting so early this time.  With DS I had a hard time sleeping in my last month, but I'm only 30 weeks along.  WTH!  I have tried different sleeping positions, multiple pillows, and now will be resorting to benadryl, tylenol PM or unisom (all which have been approved as safe for pregnant women).  I'm so tired today I can barely function at school.  ::yawn:: How can I be expected to be a great teacher, mom, and wife while keeping myself sane with a workout and doing all my regular household chores on NO SLEEP?!  Argh!  And if one more person tells me..."that's just your body's way of preparing you for the arrival of the baby", I'm going to haul off and pop them one.  I mean seriously people?!  I am not a novice mommy.  I do have 1 kid already and I've been sleeping through the night pretty consistently for about 3 years now.  So you can take your ideas and shove them...I need sleep and there is no logical reason I'm not entitled to it now that I'm knocked up.  It just doesn't seem fair considering all the other hardships of pregnancy.

And my other complaint is that my bikini wax this weekend was a BIG FAT FAIL!  Since I can't see "down there" very well, even with a hand mirror since I still have to crink my neck to see any sort of details...my waxer didn't do a very good job.  Which means I went through all the horrible pains of the waxing, plus with the increased blood flow "down there" I swelled up like a fat lip (yeah now there's a beautiful mental picture right?!)...and I still feel that "not so fresh" feeling because I'm not as groomed as I'd like.  Argh!  Come on people...don't you know the proper definition of a "landing strip"??? Clearly not ::sigh::

This photo is not me...however it made me laugh


Okay my bitch session is officially over.  I am incredibly blessed to be hitting 30 weeks and still knowing I have a healthy baby and a virtually complication-free pregnancy.  I do know this.  Especially after reading the struggles and losses of some close bumpie friends, it puts all my complaining in perspective, I know I am incredibly lucky to have made it this far in my pregnancy. 

No comments: