
So I'm going to let my dorky science nerd out for a minute and talk to you about density. Now the definition for density is mass per volume, so that pretty much means that the volume of any object doesn't change, but the type or amount of matter inside does (see said calculation above). This concept is a foundation of science, and a basic lesson I teach my students. Unfortunately, we are past this lesson, because otherwise I'd definitely be using my belly as the example. It's INCREDIBLE how much "heavier" I can feel in a belly that hasn't otherwise grown in volume too much in the past week or two. I can just feel how the mass inside this fairly set volume is increasing daily, and how much harder it is to carry it around, even though externally it's been pretty stagnant. Ahhh density...you're such a great science concept...but I'm really hating you right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment