AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thirty-One


Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 31 weeks
Weight gain/loss: sadly...I know now...accidentally.  So...25 lbs ::gulp:: I'm prayin gI stay on track at 1 lb a week, so I will stay under what I gained with DS (36 lbs)...but I started 5-6 lbs up due to my RE telling me to gain weight to get pg...so I'm gonna be closer to 40 lbs ::bigger gulp::
 Symptoms:  not too bad (itchy skin, sleeping issues, constantly peeing, slight swelling on bad days, uncomfortable on some off days)
Maternity clothes?: except workout clothes and a couple dresses, all
Stretch marks?: nope...still slathering with my body butter and exfoliating
Sleep:  a tad better these days. 
Best moment this week:  NBR:  meeting my friend's newborn and seeing all my childhood BFFs, as well as quality time with my fam in Chicago. 
Food cravings: same as last week:  hot turkey sandwiches, banana yogurt, sweets, oranges
Gender:  a girlie
Belly button in or out?: in but I hypothesize it won't hold on this time ::snif::
Movement?: rolls and body parts and/or stretching me from side to side.  Not as many "kicks" anymore.
Signs of Labor: 1 BH
What I miss?: my heels and being able to look forward to a spring break.  We can't travel this year since I'll be 36 weeks:(
What I'm looking forward to:  finally getting answers about GD, my 3hour test is on Thurdsay ::boo::, putting up the curtains in the nursery, doing more baby laundry, nesting this weekend (I'm thinking closet organizing, cleaning out cabinets in kitchen, and possibly doing my car)
Weekly Wisdom: even pg women don't get help in the city...instead they look at you like you're an alien with 3 heads and run the other way.  I missed the burbs and people taking pity on me this weekend
Weekly WTF: possible gestational diabetes??!!!  WTF!  me?!  really?!  I failed?!  OMG!
Milestones: a few days away from exactly 2 months tilly my due date...and tomorrow I start week 32...so I'm offically rounding up to 8 months pg! :)

Baby Girl's Stats:
You are 31 weeks pregnant. (fetal age 29 weeks)
  • Baby weighs 3.5 pounds and measures 16.5 inches from the head to heel.
  • Baby's weight is about 1.6 kg and length around 42cm.
  • The eyes have now completely opened and are responding to light and darkness.
  • A loud noise near you may cause your little one to jump.
Your baby continues to grow. Baby's lungs and digestive tract are very near to being mature. Now that almost all of the major organs are functioning, growth will focus on maturing those organs and growing muscle mass and fat stores. Baby's weight gain will exceed its growth in length from now on. He or she should more than double their weight again between now and birth. It weighs about 3.5 pounds (1.6kg), and crown to rump length is 11 inches (28cm). Its total length is 16.5 inches (42cm).

A loud noise near you may cause your little one to jump. Baby may move to the rhythm of music. Studies with heart rates show that they may also prefer some types of music to others at this stage. The eyes can now completely open and the irises are now responsive to light, dilating and contracting as needed.

No comments: