AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, February 18, 2011

FAILED

So I'm a failure...at my 1 hour glucose test that is.  I have to admit I was shocked I didn't pass.  When the number of my midwives office came up on my phone I knew it was bad news.  I know there are other factors that play into how your pancreas works during pregnancy (I am a biology teacher of course) but I truly thought being a healthy eater who still works out 5-6 days a week and who started out underweight to begin with wouldn't fail the GDT.  Joke's on me I guess.  I can't count myself out yet...as I have to take off a 1/2 day of work (sucks!!!!!) to participate in a 3 hour version, but the nurse said I "failed miserably".  Oh thanks lady!  So my test is scheduled for next Thursday.  Now maybe it wasn't such a good idea to "just wait until your next appt, no big deal" at 30 weeks now was it midwifery?! 

I have tried to find the reasons and the positives in this...so here's what I came up with...and believe me I'm grabbing at straws here...

1. more u/s to follow the growth of little girl...so more chances to see her :)
2. forcing myself to eat  better (although I think I eat pretty healthy anyway)
3. possibly being induced a tad early, after 37 weeks of course when it's safe...but maybe I'd be able to meet baby girl a bit earlier than 40 weeks if she's "bigger"
4. finally understanding why somone like me had a 9lb first baby...makes sense now!

No comments: