After struggling with SIF, and with a little help from an RE, we finally got our perfect family of four!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
The 3-Hour Tour
Are you humming the Gilligan's Island theme song yet? Well here I sit in the hospital I will give birth in...but I'm sitting in the outpatient laboratory for 3 hours instead (oh so fun!). Yes folks...it's the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Since I am a big fat failure on the 1 hour...I'm now here waiting...and waiting...and waiting. I had to fast for 8-16 hours (I did 12.5), take my initial blood work to be sure I can even start the test (I did pass that part...phew!), drink twice as much of that glucose crap, and wait for 3 long hours, getting my blood taken every hour. At least they put me in their private waiting room with my own TV, some recliners and all the ice chips I can eat (yummy!). I'll keep you posted on the results. Waiting...................................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment