AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thirty-Five & Still Alive!

Cheesy Rhyme I know...but it's true!  I'm surviving, and actually feeling better this week than last.  Here's hoping I can get through 2.5 more weeks of work!



Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 35 weeks! 2 more till I'm "full-term"
Weight gain/loss: not sure...going to midwife next week.
 Symptoms:  just uncomfortable, tired, sleepless, losing my belly button and itchy. 
Maternity clothes?: except workout clothes and a couple dresses, all
Stretch marks?: nope...but damn those red veins on my legs! ugh!
Sleep:  tossing & turning ALL NIGHT LONG!  I also always wake up around 3:30am and can barely waddle into the bathroom without peeing my pants.  Fun times!
Best moment this week:  My brunch hosted by my work friends (see previous post).  It was so "anti baby shower" and I loved every minute of catching up with friends.  Love love loved it!!!
Food cravings: as far as "cravings" go...really I'm just trying to eat healthy these days, so I don't pay attention to cravings, if I even have any.  However, I am a bit more impulsive when buying food, indulging in sweets or baked goods or buying random things when we grocery shop.
Gender:  I still can't believe I'm having a little girl.  Here's a funny story though...I have a coworker that still thinks I'm having a boy, and she even bought me a boy gift.  I didn't have the heart to tell her:)  :)
Belly button in or out?: neither still...and it's U-G-L-Y!
 Movement?: butt/back/feet action
Signs of Labor: nada this week, I'm okay with that.  I want her to cook at least 2 more weeks so she has less of a chance of ending up in the NICU.
What I miss?: booze!
What I'm looking forward to:  SPRING BREAK hands down...and finally getting all my last items on my to-do list done. 
Weekly Wisdom: unless you're an Olympic or world-class runner, no one can run at this point in your pregnancy.  I give up!!  Walking blows...but, alas, I do it anyway.  Thank God for podcasts. 
Weekly WTF:  I can't control my piddling!  I have officially peed my pants a number of times.  Here's another story for you...I have a bad cough, and when I cough...I pee!  The fam and I were out at Home Depot and on our way to Meijer to grocery shop.  I started having a coughing fit, and ended up peeing my pants.  Luckily, we had Ty's cart cover and a diaper in the car.  You can use your imagination on how those were used.  It wasn't pretty.  Hubby and I couldn't stop laughing, which, in itself, makes me pee.  It wasn't my finest hour, but it makes for a good story. 
Milestones: 35/35 is tomorrow, and I have almost made it to spring break, which was a big goal for me. 
 
Baby Girl's Stats:
  • Your baby is now about 18.5 inches in length and weighs over 5.5 pounds.
  • The body of your baby is growing round due to developing fat layers.
  • Your baby's reflexes are coordinated.
  • Lungs are almost fully developed.
  • About 90% of babies born this week survive.
8 Month Pregnant baby in the womb

3 comments:

Catherine said...

You're so close! Good luck keeping your pants dry until baby arrives :)

kjw said...

I'm glad you are feeling good recently! I totally feel you on the peeing thing - coughing, sneezing, laughing - it's not pretty. You look great, though, and I love the shirt :)

Stefanie said...

You look adorable my love and happy to hear you're feeling better! I don't have your email, send it to me at stefanie.e.joseph at gmail!