AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, March 25, 2011

More love for Baby B!

Last night was our monthly book club.  For any readers out there, we read Heaven is for Real about a little boy who nearly died, went to heaven and then spoke about his experiences to his family.  It's a very good read, and a very short one, so I highly recommend it. 
Anyway...so I had fully intended to attend book club (I swear!), as I really enjoy the social interaction with the ladies of the neighborhood.  They are a fun, rowdy group!  However, after 4 solid days of craziness as the quarter comes to a close at school, I was exhausted...so I blew it off.  I got in my pj's and fell asleep in bed with my little guy.  At about 9pm I got a text from my neighbor who was hosting the book club asking where I was.  I apologized for falling asleep and said I didn't think I was going to make it.  She then informed me they had planned a little surprise for me so "get my pj'ed ass over here".  So I took my clothes from work out of the hamper, threw my hair in a ponytail, put on some lip gloss, wiped the smeared eye makeup off my face and trucked across the street. 

When I got to book club the ladies had planned gifts and a cake to celebrate the upcoming arrival of baby girl.  I was so touched yet again.  I can't believe how much love this little girl is receiving from people in my life.  It's so overwhelming and shocking.  It's nice to know how many special people I have in my life and the support our family has, even though this is LO #2.  The cake was amazing (see below picture) and the gifts were so sweet.  Baby girl B has a ton of clothes now, and I can't wait to see her in everything! 

I'm not in a rush for her to arrive.  I'd like her to make it to at least 38 weeks so I can tie things up at work and get lots done over my spring break...but I am DYING to see what she looks like!!  My delivery dreams are in full force now.  In a few days I'll be in the 20's, as far as days left until my due date!  It's so exciting!  Happy Friday all! 

And just for giggles...it's Hawaiian shirt day at work today...so here's what the huge baby bump is "hiding" under today:)  That's "the man"...Jim Tressel...wearing the hot number.  No hiding today!  lol!  Go Bucks!

No comments: