After struggling with SIF, and with a little help from an RE, we finally got our perfect family of four!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Nineteen Weeks
Baby Girl's Stats:
You're halfway there! The top of your uterus (womb) now reaches your belly button and will grow about a centimetre a week. Your baby measures about 14.2cm long from crown to rump and weighs about 240g. She is swallowing amniotic fluid, and her kidneys continue to make urine. Hair on her scalp is sprouting, too. Sensory development reaches its peak this week. The nerve cells serving each of the senses – taste, smell, hearing, seeing and touch – are developing in their specialised areas of the brain. Nerve cell production slows down as existing nerve cells grow larger and make more complex connections. Most mums-to-be start to feel movement (called quickening) between 18 weeks and 20 weeks.
If you've been pregnant before, you'll feel things earlier rather than later. What you may first think is a rumbling stomach may be your baby doing some back flips. The next 10 weeks or so will be your baby's busiest and most active time, until your uterus gets too crowded.
Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 19 weeks - a mango & 10oz
Weight gain/loss: have no idea
Symptoms: nada...and loving it!
Maternity clothes?: gave in and went maternity shopping this past weekend with my mom...and man oh man...the new maternity clothes are so much more comfortable than 4 years ago! ahhhhhhh!
Stretch marks?: no
Sleep: major baby boy v. girl dreams
Best moment this week: the big u/s and finally seeing the baby again.
Food cravings: still loving salad with vinegar and soup soup soup, I can live on that everyday. When I was in Chicago visiting my family, my mom and I had the best soup ever...golden yam bisque. OMG! wow! I'm still dreaming of it.
Gender: I can barely type it and believe it...GIRL! WOW!
Belly button in or out?: in
Movement?: pretty consistent now, and I love it!
Signs of Labor: nope
What I miss?: feeling pretty...that's a reoccuring theme.
What I'm looking forward to: finally buying stuff for a baby and not calling the baby "it" anymore...she/her is a beautiful sound...now if only we could come up with a name. Girl names are soooo hard! ::ugh::
Weekly Wisdom: leggings are great! Why did I fight them so long?!
Weekly WTF: GIRL and all the "stuff" that goes with it...OMG! OMG! OMG! Oh, and why is ALLLLLLL girl stuff fricking pink! Where's the purple?!?
Milestones: almost halfway there & now we finally know what we're having! yippee! :) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment