AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Baby Digs my Nuclear Lectures


So today I'm sitting in my prep bell, block 4, and diligently working on grading a test.  All of a sudden, I felt the baby move.  This is a cool thing all by itself, because I normally don't get the pleasure of feeling said little one moving during the day.  Normally, my boring droll and lectures to my HS students just lulls this lovebug to sleep.  I normally don't get the pleasure of "feeling" movement unless I'm horizontal on the couch, which usually occurs between the hours of 9-10:30pm each night.  I was shocked baby was moving, so I put my hand on my lower belly...and...I LITERALLY FELT THE MOVMEMENT...like from the outside!!  I thought it would be quite a while until I felt it in that way, and I'm sure it won't happen again for a few more weeks...but how cool was that!?  I wish my hubs was around to feel it too.  Unfortunately...it was fleeting.  I haven't felt the kiddo since.  It must have been since the babe was so close to the outside of my belly that I could feel the swimming.  It was quite a moment!!!! 

I guess the baby is into nuclear energy...since that was my lecture today.  Maybe it interests him/her how something as simple as an atom can be so powerful!  :)  I know I think it's cool!  I know, I know...beware of the science geek! But I wear my geek-badge proudly thank you:)

No comments: