AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day & a 5K

Much to my mom's chagrin, hubby and I signed up for my hometown 5K race the day of Thanksgiving.  I believe it's been 6 years straight that I've run a Turkey Day race, so I wasn't breaking the streak because I was knocked up.  I ran a 5K when I was pregnant with Ty (in 2006), but I was 8 weeks less preggo at the time (about 10 weeks). 18 weeks wasn't going to stop me.  My hubby wasn't all that excited about getting up early to complete the run, but I certainly appreciated his company.  I also appreciated him reining me in, because I am a competitive gal, and I wanted to go faster and faster, and keep passing people.  Hubby kept me in check, and we completed it with a pretty respectable time, given I'm almost "half baked".  Baby was all well and good, kicking away later that day.  My mom survived the stress too,  I might add, and I felt great!

Thanksgiving was relaxing and yummy.  I was very thankful to spend it in Chicago with my family.  We have a lot to be thankful for this year!  I have a great hubby, an amazing son, a baby on the way (and a few days away from knowing the sex of said baby), a great support system of family & friends and we both have and love our jobs.  We are very blessed this year.  Bring on 2011...it's gonna be a great year!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM OUR FAMILY OF 3.5 :)

No comments: