After struggling with SIF, and with a little help from an RE, we finally got our perfect family of four!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Sweet Sixteen
Lovebug's Stats:
Your baby is now some 10cm long from crown to rump, about the size of an avocado, and weighs about 100g. In the next three weeks she'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, doubling her weight and adding centimetres to her length.
In or out of the uterus (womb), babies are playful creatures. Yours may already have discovered her first toy, the umbilical cord, which she'll enjoy pulling and grabbing. Sometimes she may even clutch it so tight that less oxygen gets through. She'll let go of the cord before she starts to go without what she needs.
Your baby's head is more erect than it has been, and her eyes have moved closer to the front of her head. Her circulatory system and urinary tract are in full working order, and she's inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid through her lungs. Your baby is immersed in amniotic fluid, which is protecting her as she grows in the amniotic sac.
Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 16 weeks and feeling fine...finally!
Weight gain/loss: I think about 8-10 lbs (gulp)...but I was under-weight to begin with so the body packs on the lbs early (or at least that's my excuse)
Symptoms: this week I've had acne issues (both face and body :( ), itchy skin, headaches & growing pains...but the nausea is officially on vacation (yippee!)
Maternity clothes?: I'm about 70/30. I do have a few pants (like the ones I'm wearing now) that are a size up and can be worn with a rubberband, without stretching across my ever-growing ass and looking hella-bad!
Stretch marks?: nope! I'm starting my exfoliation routine, and picked up some pregnancy-specific lotion. It worked with Ty. Here's hoping.
Sleep: not great! Peeing wakes me frequently, and I've become a light sleeper...which is new for me. I am also going to bed soooo early, that I frequently wake up at 4-4:30am.
Best moment this week: This was the best...and the worst. We ordered a home doppler because, let's face it...I'm a neurotic IF. Too much time had passed since my last Dr appt and I was going batty. So when it came I was sooooo excited. Then after 3 tries, we couldn't find the heartbeat. I was ready to pack up and go to the emergency room. On try 4...I got it...a healthy and strong 143 bpm. (THANK GOD!) Now I'm excited to use it again!
Food cravings: nothing much these days. I'm back to eating healthy...and I'm back at the gym 5 days a week...which has really helped my energy and my attitude! ya gym!
Gender: I'm always convinced it's a boy...still am this week!
Belly button in or out?: in
Movement?: not really much. Sometimes at night when I'm on the couch I feel flutters. I can hear the movement on the doppler though! so cool!!!
Signs of Labor: nope
What I miss?: This week it's being able to go a full work day without my feet killing me! I used to ROCK the hot, tall heels proudly everday, all day. Now, I pack flip flops or flats for the trip home, to run errands or to walk into the gym (pathetic for a shoe-obsessed gal like me...just pathetic!!!)
What I'm looking forward to: movement!
Weekly Wisdom: I'm not a Dr...I'm not great with the doppler...I need to chill and be patient! Baby is fine! Repeat it 5 times now ...baby is fine baby is fine....
Weekly WTF: I'm a camel...I swear! I drink 14-20 glasses of water between the hours of 9am - 9pm.
Milestones: home doppler success & completing month 4 of the pregnancy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment