AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seventeen Weeks ~ A Stinky Onion ~ Literally!


Lovebug's Stats:
Don't be too shocked but... your baby is EVEN bigger than it was last week, not to mention getting cuter, and smarter every day! As you’ve come to expect, there’s no shortage of growth and development this week: your fantastic little bean stalk has added yet another half inch to their overall height-- making them nearly half a foot long! Their little limbs have reached (or are within one week of) their relative proportions, and will continue to grow evenly with the rest of the body after this week. Reactive listening has begun for your baby, even though their ears are not yet structurally complete or fully functional. Meanwhile, different parts of their astonishingly complex brain are developing to process your little one’s hearing and other senses, (you know, sight, smell, taste and touch). Mind boggling factoid of the week: if you’re having going to have a little girl, her ovaries have already produced millions of primordial egg cells, which, within a few weeks, will develop into actual eggs! Phew… just wait till she’s a teenager eh?

Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 17 weeks!  So close to halfway!  Wow!
Weight gain/loss: don't know...don't care
Symptoms:  GAS GAS GAS!  Sorry honey!  He literally tells me to go to bed early so he doesn't have to deal with the stink-bombs!  I blame the baby...of course!  Constipations isn't helping things.  Headaches are also a problem this week.
Maternity clothes?: pretty much 80/20 now.  I am so excited to see my mom at Thanksgiving...because I need wardrobe help stat!
Stretch marks?: belly balm is in full-effect now, as is shower exfoliation and lotion.  Pregnancy + cold = itchy girl!  Pass the lotion please!
Sleep:  Little man has been sick so that = no sleep for mommy.  It's not the new baby's fault this time though.
Best moment this week:  my longest run since being pregnant...5 miles!  (Mom, don't freak out...it took me forever!)
Food cravings: vinegar anything, I also love vanilla soy milk ::insert hubby's gagging sounds here::, I love veggies and fruits and hate chicken (blech).
Gender: Still thinking blue...but the answer is so close!
Belly button in or out?: in
Movement?: at night only.  This baby loves the sound of my voice and the fact that I'm constantly in motion teaching crazy HS kids.  Baby sleeps all day long (that I can tell)
Signs of Labor: nope
What I miss?: feeling pretty
What I'm looking forward to:  definitely the anatomy scan - possibly 2 weeks away!
Weekly Wisdom: Maybe I should call this the weekly mantra...repeat after me ::you are not fat...you're pregnant:: repeat!
Weekly WTF: how can gas smell this bad?!  seriously!
Milestones: as sad as this is my coworker said "man you're gonna be HUGE this time".  Thanks co-irker!

And here I am...week 17.  It's all baby now...no more bloat to blame my belly on!  And, yes, it's much bigger in person.  Trust me...and my co-irker! :)

No comments: