AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

More Tales from the Ultrasound

So when we got to the hospital we got lost on our way to the check-in (took like 4-5 elevator trips), had to backtrack to "register" before we could register again at the desk, then waited what felt like FOREVER to be called (I think it was only 25 minutes though).  When the tech started looking at the baby, everything went so fast...she showed us the bloodflow, brain ventricles, heart ventricles, kidneys, umbilical cord and its bloodflow, the placenta, the cervix, spine, both legs, both arms, hands close enough to count fingers, toes/feet, a frontal face shot, a few profile shots, and on and on we went.  The technology has definitely gotten more advanced from 4 years ago when I had my u/s with little man.  It was no 3D/4D, but cool just the same!  Also...the screen was a large TV screen mounted on the wall instead of all of us crowding around a small u/s screen. 

All the while this was going on, I was waiting for her to slip up and say "he" or "she" or announce the sex as she navigated us through every single body part, and I waited...and I waited and waited.  I think we were both (hubby and I) holding our breath, but still trying to be "in the moment" for all the other baby parts that were being shown to us.  Healthy was, of course, our #1 priority in the u/s...but man were we itching!  It was pretty incredible I must say.  Baby was breech, facing downward, and folded together like a pretzel, legs up to her head.  She even sucked on her fingers a bit while we were watching, and moved enough that I felt it on the outside during the procedure.  So, after what seemed like FOREVER the tech said "would you like to know the sex" and to that I replied "absolutely"...but I wanted to say "hell yeah, finally!".  She said "I think it's a girl", and Ty replied "NO it's a boy" ::uh oh::.  I think I said "really" and she said "yup, do you see that line, that's the labia, and there's no penis between those legs, congrats, it's a girl".  I was speechless...and still am in shock. 

 I am so overwhelmed by the thought if it, and all the "stuff" that comes with a girl, I'm not sure how to react.  After the initial shock and saying "no it's a boy" a few times, Ty came around and is now elated about his baby sister.  Me, I'm still processing...ask me in a few day!  Wow just wow! 

Here are the u/s pix that the tech gave us.  Amazing to say the least!

the frontal face picture, nose in center, eyes are the dark spots and the mouth is the slit on right

 the foot picture...love this!
 The "money shot" a picture of the baby's bum...legs and absence of a penis are seen (lol!)
 And some great profile pictures of our little girl - this one has the legs folded up
 that's the arm farthest away from you in this picture
 close-up
We love her already!

No comments: