AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thirty-Eight!

 
Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 38 weeks!  2 weeks left!  OMG!  And I'm HUGE!!!
Weight gain/loss: ???? 
 Symptoms:  feeling pretty good...have had some weird end-of-pregnancy symptoms...major moodiness (cranky out of nowhere!), increased discharge, lots of pressure, oily skin (which to mean means my hormones are a-changin'), belly button is on its way out, linea nigra, BH, cramps
Maternity clothes?: all...and I'm now running out of those.  Thank God I only have 3 more workdays to figure out how to cover this body professionally.  I'm longing for my comfy loungewear!  sigh
Stretch marks?:nada...but I hate the red spider veins just as much (sad face)
Sleep:  actually pretty well!  Weird pregnancy and birth dreams though, and sometimes I wake up in a panic thinking my water has broken.   Alas, it hasn't.  Thank God I haven't peed the bed in a dream where my water breaks though. (phew)
Best moment this week:  a great day outside being productive on Sunday & probably my looming maternity leave (Friday is my last day!!!)
Food cravings: oranges, yogurt & sweets.  My appetite has definitely picked up this week.  I'm trying to be good, though, because I've done so well with my weight thusfar and I really want to eat healthy.  Luckily, I crave fruits and fresh, crunchy veggies more than anything else these days.
Gender:  girl girl girl
Belly button in or out?: on the way out ::sigh::
 Movement?: still mostly butt, head and foot action, no more rolling or kicking or flipping...she's run out of room.  I don't think she can even switch sides anymore.  Her but is always on my left side, her feet are on my left side or on my left ribcage, and she's definitely head-down.  Sometimes I can lay my hand just north of the vag and I feel her head moving (so weird!!!). 
Signs of Labor: BH, pressure & some cramping.  I'm hoping I've made progress.  I have a dr appt today so I will request an internal this time to see if I have.
What I miss?: I'm actually doing quite well these days as far as not "longing" for much.  I've sadly become accustomed to carrying around this load.  I don't feel that huge, but when I see pix of myself I can't believe how big I actually look.  I guess I'm missing alcohol, as usual, and stomach sleeping.  Otherwise, I'm in good spirits!  I know this is probably the last time I'll be pg...so I'm trying to soak it all in while I still can.
What I'm looking forward to:  my midwife appt this week, I get to see my favorite midwife Stacy!  Obviously I'm also dying for maternity leave! 
Weekly Wisdom: You only have a max of 15 days left, so savor it, slow down and remember what it's like.  This may be your last time!  Soak up all the attention, pamper yourself, feel the movement, love your pregnant body and be in the moment!
Weekly WTF:  what's with the sudden breakout and oily skin???? My face has been perfect the entire time, and now that I might be having this baby (hence getting a million pictures taken of my no makeup'ed face...I am breaking out!  WTF!  My only salvation is that the change in my hormones = labor is coming! :)
Milestones: 3 more workdays!  I think I can do it :)
 
Baby Girl's Stats:
Development is complete, baby's main job is to gain weight. The body continues laying on the fat stores at a rate of about an ounce (28 grams) a day, that will help regulate his or her body temperature after birth. The amniotic fluid, this is approximately equal to 4 or 5 cups. It doesn't sound like much, but just wait until your water breaks, it will feel like much more.

Baby may have a full head of hair now, an inch or more long, but some babies are born with only peach fuzz. Speaking of hair, most of the downy coat of lanugo that covered your baby for weeks has disappeared, but you may see some on the upper back and shoulders when he or she arrives. Almost gone has most of the vernix caseosa, the whitish substance that also covered baby.

Your baby will swallow the lanugo and exterior coating, along with other secretions, and store them in their bowels. These will become your infant's first bowel movement, a blackish waste called meconium. Your child's intestines are accumulating lots of meconium. About 30% of babies move their bowels before birth. Usually this is a sign that the baby is under some stress and can cause pneumonia if the baby inhales any amniotic fluid with meconium in it. If there are signs of meconium in the amniotic fluid at birth your care provider will make sure that the baby's throat and lungs are suctioned thoroughly.

This week, your baby weighs around seven and a half pounds and measures about 20 inches (51cm) head to toe. You are almost at the end of your pregnancy. Your weight should not increase much from this point.
 
 
LOL!!!
 
 

No comments: