AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Last Midwife Appt Update

So I hadn't realized that today was going to be my last appointment pregnant at my midwife practice.  It's kinda bittersweet, as I think it MIGHT be my last maternity appointment EVER.  Wow...that's kinda depressing and liberating at the same time.  Anyway, the reason it ended up being my last appt was because the best midwife on the planet, my girl Stacy, thought we should schedule an induction time for next week.  After she did my internal and saw I was just over 1cm dialated and 50% effaced, she felt good about moving things along, so as to prevent me having another big baby.  My little man was 9lbs and came out looking like he was 3 months old (see below)...so we're trying to avoid a bigger baby, since this is my second.  I was induced at 39 weeks and 3 days with my son, and that is exactly what I'll be with baby girl.  I'm hoping that's a good sign, and that I respond as well as I did with my boy.  I'm also excited that we got such a good date for the induction.  We are scheduled for Friday, April 22nd at 7:30am!  That's Good Friday, and it will be easy for my parents to make it to the birth.  However, this is all pending that I make it to the induction date without going into labor on my own (which I prefer anyway of course!). 

Speaking of labor, after my internal today my midwife warned me I might have some cramping, since she disturbed my cervix.  HOLY HELL...these cramps hurt.  Now wouldn't it be a beautiful thing if all I needed to push me over the edge and have this baby is a little membrane sweeping?! :)  If only! 

To be honest, it just feels great for a planner like me to have an endpoint in sight.  It just eases my mind.  My midwife, knowing how neurotic I can be (naw me?!), believes all my body needs to get labor going on its own is piece of mind.  So by scheduling this induction, she's letting my mind line up with my body.  We shall see I guess. 

I'll be holding my baby girl in 10 days!  wow!  Okay...now I'm officially freaked out!  A mommy of two...wow...just wow!

My boy at only a few days old...looking nothing like a newborn!

No comments: