AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Six Weeks ~ Halfway to Relief

Today I'm 6 weeks along. I can't believe I have 6 more weeks to go before I can breath a sigh of relief and get out of the 1st tri.  It seems like forever when I look at a calendar and see that won't happen until mid-October!  I am hoping to hold off until week 9 or 10 to tell work and my students...but I'm a tiny person and all my clothes are also pretty tiny...so hiding it has become a challenge.  Is it bad to use granny panties that suck you in?  I figured the baby is only a cm in length...that can't be detrimental right?  I am happy to report that I only have 4 more weeks of progesterone...thank God!  That nasty gel really sucks, no mincing of words here.  Here are my weekly stats, for your enjoyment :) 

Lovebug's Stats:

The arms and legs continue to develop - These limbs are stretching out more and more. Later on you will be feeling those feet and elbows up close and personal right in your bladder! Brain is growing well - Did you know that over the course of the remaining months that your baby's brain will develop over 100 billion neurons? This is just the beginning! Lenses of the eyes appear - If you could catch a glimpse inside, you would notice your baby's appearance becoming increasing like a newborn's.  Nostrils are formed - The position of the nose seems to shift into its proper place as well. Soon, the nerves running from the nose to the brain appear. Intestines grow - Initially these are actually located outside the baby's body within the umbilical cord. Pancreas - Your baby is now equipped to deal with digestive enzymes and take on processing the insulin and glucagons the body needs to function.

Mommy's Stats:

How far along?: 6 weeks
Weight gain/loss: unfortunately...the scale said I have gained 1.5lbs (I think it's all in my boobs!)  I am working out 5 days/week still...fighting through the exhaustion.
Maternity clothes?: Nope, but think I might bring out the bin next week and check out how out of style my mat clothes from 4 years ago are...might not be pretty. Good news is a friend offered her stuff, she just had her baby in April.  I'm excited to see what she has. 
Stretch marks?: nope. Moisturizing like crazy!
Sleep: like the dead!  I have gone to sleep before 10pm every night this week so far. 
Best moment this week: the u/s for sure!  Seeing that this isn't all in my head was great.
Food cravings: I have to eat all day long to curb nausea.  I'm craving salty carbs!
Gender: I'm still solid on a boy...my Dad has now joined team Pink.
Belly button in or out?: In, ordered a belly ring extender this week too.
Movement?: not from the baby...my stomach is doing flip-flops though...ugh!
Signs of Labor: Well I hope not!
What I miss?: feeling confident in my clothes :(
What I'm looking forward to: We're telling my brother this weekend! :)
Weekly Wisdom: negative thoughts drive you crazy...try to be positive.  Everyday going by is a good thing.  Try to be happy!
Weekly WTF: can my thighs already be growing???  Say it ain't so!
Milestones: 4 weeks till I stop the nasty progesterone!  yippee!

No comments: