Today I'm 8 weeks and lovebug is the size of a raspberry. Oh how I love raspberries:) Today was the first day that baby knocked me off my feet with nausea, so much so that I got to work, realized there was no way I could do it...and left sick. I spent the entire day horizontal, introducing baby to two of my favorite shows of all-time; Gossip Girl & One Tree Hill (Don't judge. No, I'm not 15...at least not chronologically. But I do teach HS, so my excuse is that I'm trying to stay "current". LOL).
Here are the most recent stats for the week:
Lovebugs Stats @ 8 weeks:
Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby — about the size of a kidney bean— is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.
Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 8 weeks
Weight gain/loss: have no idea...plan to stay that way until the end.
Symptoms: Everything...and a bag of chips (gags!). Nausea, dizziness, extreme tiredness, standing endlessly in front of the pantry and wanting nothing, metal taste, sore boobs, extreme constipation!
Maternity clothes?: Not yet, but I did get all my old ones out this weekend to wash and get ready. Almost made me cry how huge some of them were. Was I really that big?!? Scary! I have been using the rubberband trick, and plan to go out to target this weekend to get a few more tops.
Stretch marks?: nope. Moisturizing like crazy!
Sleep: What sleep? I'm up 2-3 times a night to pee...already!
Best moment this week: Telling my principal. It was quite a relief to purge that info.
Food cravings: See previous post...but frozen fruit, bacon/egg/cheese bagel from McDonalds, salad with oil & vinegar, raspberry crystal light, donuts, syrup, & any cracker product. I've surrendered to anything that I can get & keep down that doesn't taste like metal.
Gender: Still think it's a boy.
Belly button in or out?: in, should stay that way
Movement?: not unless I can feel a raspberry-sized baby?! So...no!
Signs of Labor: Well I hope not!
What I miss?: Food I enjoy. I stand in front of the pantry & fridge and NOTHING sounds good. I make dinner for my boys and don't eat any of it...everything tastes only 1/4 good. Metal taste is getting old.
What I'm looking forward to: not feeling nauseous and being able to enjoy the pregnancy finally by working out, feeling energetic, and being a "present" mom to Ty.
Weekly Wisdom: When you actually make the trip to McDonalds to get the breakfast bagel...buy 2...you'll want it when you get home!
Weekly WTF: How can a baby the size of a raspberry make me fall fast asleep at 6:30pm every night?? I'm wiped!
Milestones: I'm "out" with a few more friends & colleagues.




No comments:
Post a Comment