Yes, I'm aware I look like I'm ready for a hoe-down in the above picture. It's one of those mistake purchases at the hands of seeing another KU woman with a cute checkered shirt on and saying to myself, "I gotta get me one of those, she looks so cute". Big mistake...huge! Although I'm enjoying people trying to lie and say it's "cute". :) LOL!
Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 25 weeks
Weight gain/loss: don't know, but I feel pretty good these days!
Symptoms: large appetite (but for all the "right" foods, which is good), itchy skin & leg cramps occasionally
Maternity clothes?: all ::sigh::
Stretch marks?: no! Thank you genetics!
Sleep: please hubby, please stop snoring!!! Really it's not his fault at all. I don't think his habits havechanged, and I certainly know he's not doing it on person. But since I sleep so restlessly, when I wake up and hear him snoring...I just can't go back to sleep. I'm sure it' gonna get worse too. With my son, I had to eventually get sleeping pills to rest before delivery. ::sigh::
Best moment this week: deciding on a "theme" for the nursery...fairies. :) Also, a former student had her baby girl yesterday. I was so excited for her and it made it feel more real I was right around the corner.
Food cravings: nothing really, except if it's food...I want it.
Gender: girl...3D to confirm soon
Belly button in or out?: in, but shallow
Movement?: she's starting to kick so hard she knocks the wind out of me or I say out-loud in the middle of teaching..."ouch". Simmer down killer!
Signs of Labor: nope, and BH have slowed since Christmas wound down.
What I miss?: being able to put on my pants without bracing myself with one hand (bending over is becoming increasingly hard)
What I'm looking forward to: next appt on the 18th...and a 3D u/s. NBR: getting my eyebrows waxed this weekend & going to get a spray tan (every little bit helps to make me feel confident ya know?!)
Weekly Wisdom: Running past 30 weeks is looking more possible. I feel so strong lately! Also, I truly can't understand why it's hard to eat healthy while pg. I am not passing judgement on anyone at all...but for me...I feel like my body is my temple right now, and I can't imagine filling myself with fried foods or crap. Everything I eat (although in mass quantities) is fresh, low in fat and "for the baby". It just feels like the natural thing to do to take care of this baby. I just love "feeding" her right I guess.
Weekly WTF: when I change in the locker room at the gym, must everyone gasp, stare and whisper to others "look, she's pregnant". I mean, I know most of the patrons I ee are high school aged swimmers getting ready for practice. But have some restraint please. I have teacher hearing so guess what...I HEAR YOU!
Milestones: Passed V-day this week (viability day!) Which means baby girl has a greater chance of surviving outside the womb if I went into premature labor. Lucky for me, she seems comfy enough...for now!
Baby Girl's Stats:
Your little grower’s physical proportions are evening out at this point and most of their remaining development will largely be weight gain and lots and lots of nervous system development. The good news is: if your child is born premature now they’ll be more likely to survive without too much trauma (yippee!) as their lungs began to produce “surfactant” last week, which means their tiny respiratory system is getting stronger with each passing day. Yes, now’s a good time for a minor sigh of relief and a quick pat on the back. All that hard work and conscientious living is really getting your child prepared for a healthy delivery. Keep up the fabulous work mama! This week they’ll be scootching slowly out of the old breech position and start rotating (already!) into a better position for exit during their birth. Their head and feet are slowly rotating so that the head is pointed down towards the birth canal. Time is short (or really long, depending on who you ask)—just (still!) 14 weeks left before you can go back to being a single-resident human.


No comments:
Post a Comment