AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award ::blushes::


Today I got nominated by fellow bumpie, and overall awesome Papps @ Live, Laugh, Love and Learn ~ Our Arduous Journey.  ::blushes::  It felt good to know someone was following our journey and reading my sometimes random blog.  As part of the specifications of the award I am to " Share 7 random things about myself.  So here goes...

1. I'm a marathon runner, and have completed 7 marathons, with my best time being 3:43:31...which was MADDENING because 3:40:00 gets you a birth to Boston.  I was in the best running shape of my life, post DS, and if I wouldn't have had to stop to pee (twice!) for the first time in my running history, I would have probably made it.  ::sigh:: Just a goal to add to my list of things to do after baby #2 comes along.

2.  When people ask if I collect anything I say shoes, and I'm not joking.  Just ask my hubby:)

3.  I'm echoing papps when she said she's OCD...I'm definitely OCD AND majorly type A.  I like doors closed all the way, hate jagged edges, can't stand dishes in the sink, get driven crazy when my students leave their stickers on their binders (I literally go around and take them off, I love my label maker)...you get the point.  I'm nuts.  But I'm proud of it:)

4.  I'm a HUGE SCIENCE GEEK!  I teach hs science and love it.  I think science is one of the coolest and most interesting subjects on the planet, just as my students...I'm enthusiastic.  I'm not embarassed.  I love science!!!

5.  I'm a coffee addict.  I know we're supposed to quit coffee when pg...and I did when I got pg with my DS, and it was unbearable.  I get massive headaches if I don't have coffee.  So...me and Starbucks...we're BFFs!

6.  I get spending anxiety when I spend money.  I can truly never really appreciate or enjoy spending money on anything.  I try...because I do like nice things and cute clothes...but I worry and stress over spending.  My "zero" in my bank account is 2500.  If I get even close to that...I completely freak out! 

7.  I am "ghetto" at heart.  I'm from Chicago and I just love hip hop, rap and urban culture.  I believe that I do truly appreciate the art, and shock the heck out of my students when I tell them my favorite rappers are Biggie, 2 Pac, Jay Z and Kanye West. 

Another rule when given this award is to award up to 15 other bloggers and let them know of it. Try not to nominate anyone that the one who sent it to you nominated."  This one will be hard because Papps and I follow so many of the same bumpie friends.  I'm gonna try.

 Here are mine: 
My Eggs and Ham
Some Womb Thoughts
The Maiden Metallurgist
Hoping and Waiting
TTC isn't as easy as 1-2-3
Baby Jo
Come What May
Tales of the Mouse
Hope for a Chance
What's Left, There's Life
Life With Drew
A Healthier Me and Maybe Baby?
The Miracle Baby
The Graske Family
Baby W is on the Way

I'm sure a number of them have already been nominated...but I love their fab blogs just the same:)  Thanks Pappsy for the nom.  I'm keeping up with all of you lovely ladies, and very much appreciate you keep up with me.  Comments welcome anytime!!  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Papps said...

Aw shucks, thanks :) Do love your blog though!!