I can't believe I'm 6 months pregnant! In some ways it's gone so fast...in other ways it's moved at a snail's pace. Either way, I can't believe in just 14 shorts weeks (I'll probaby be induced at 39 weeks) I'll be meeting our little girl. It's pretty crazy when you break it down like that. I'm also 13 days away from double digits, and only 3 weeks from 3rd tri! Insane! I'm feeling both great and not so great, it depends on the day. Some days I feel thankful I'm still active and on the "smaller side". Other days I feel enormous, uncomfortable, and afraid of how much worse it might get in 14 long weeks. Whatever type of day it is, I'm still so incredibly thankful this miracle has happened to us, and I am beyond excited to meet her. I try to remind myself that this is probably the last time I'll experience pregnancy, so I should remember and savor all the good (easier said than done however), like not worrying about eating an extra cookie or having a snack right before bed. I am also trying to enjoy the movement, one of my most favorite parts of pregnancy. It's incredible. I'm being diligent about pictures and blogging this time too, so I remember it all! 6 months baby!
Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 24 weeks
Weight gain/loss: don't know...and that will continue. Today is a good day though, I feel active & like I have the weight under control. I think it's because I've hit the gym 3 days in a row. We'll see how I feel on my planned day off tomorrow.
Symptoms: Hello appetite. It's so good to see you. You came out of nowhere. I vow to enjoy you as much as my psyche lets me, since this might be my last time being pregnant and able to indulge without sucking in my gut afterwards. Thank you for finally not making everything taste like metal, make me nauseous nor have nothing sound good. I'm so glad to welcome you back! Now take it down a small notch, please. You're getting out of control quickly. I wasn't prepared!
Maternity clothes?: all ::sigh::
Stretch marks?: no! Thank you genetics!
Sleep: can you say dreams & peeing...plus so much movement. She wakes me up constantly. I miss the "like the dead" sleep. Please come back!
Best moment this week: painting the nursery & hitting 6 months.
Food cravings: no "cravings" but generally I like sweets a lot!
Gender: girl...3D to confirm soon
Belly button in or out?: in, but shallow
Movement?: lots and lots...did I say lots! All hours of the day and night, unlike my son who slept most of the day when I was teaching. This little girl isn't lulled to sleep by my boring science lectures. Maybe she'll be a science geek like mommy! :)
Signs of Labor: thank God no...but lots more Braxton Hicks lately, especially when I've been on my feet a long time or are stressed
What I miss?: being able to put on my pants without bracing myself with one hand (bending over is becoming increasingly hard)
What I'm looking forward to: wainscoting project this weekend in the nursery & NBR: NFL playoffs...Da Bears!
Weekly Wisdom: stretching after working out has really made a difference in how feel and how active I can be. I have to be sure to take the time to do it every workout. Plus...I vow to finally sit down and find some prenatal yoga classes. The DVDs just don't do it for me. I need class motivaton.
Weekly WTF: Hey students...do you have to constantly remind me how large I'm getting?! I'm aware I'm pregnant and don't need the daily reminders...so thanks...but no thanks! Now back off and stop touching my belly. It's creepy!
Milestones: it's 2011 baby...the year we're having a baby! Makes it feel within reach!
Little Girl's Stats:
This is another big week for your magical growing baby! Just take a look at the checklist for this week: 1) ears: done; 2) fingernails: done; and 3) lungs walls: secreting “surfactant”. What’s that? Well, surfactant is sort of what it sounds like: a surface-activated fat whose main purpose is to assist the your baby's little lungs during inflation (as in, filling with air, not getting more expensive). Just in case you’re curious, your submerged baby is still breathing in amniotic fluid, preparing and rehearsing the lungs an oxygen-filled life outside the womb. By the end of this week, your child will be weighing around 2 lbs and 14 inches long. Your cutie-patootie may even be a little more plump, but isn't anywhere near their full baby-fatted cute-self. Most of the “filling out” is coming up in that long awaited (and slightly dreaded?) third trimester. Woo-hoo! Get ready!


No comments:
Post a Comment