AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Half-Baked


Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 20 weeks!
Weight gain/loss: have no idea
Symptoms:  back pain, lots of pressure "down there" (baby sits low and I carry low), tiredness, food aversions
Maternity clothes?: all pants, some shirts.  I'm hoping to get some maternity leggings this weekend, I'm itching for that comfort.
Stretch marks?: no
Sleep:  Ty has been sick, so lately I'm sleeping very lightly.  I long for the times of the 1st pregnancy when I could come home from work and relax on the couch all night.  Gone are those days.
Best moment this week:  knowing I'm on the back-end of the large mountain of pregnancy:)
Food cravings: still soup and salad, but added turkey sandwiches this week.  Still hate chicken, and don't really crave peanut butter anymore (for me that's insane!)
Gender:  Still a girl...but I really want to confirm with a 3D/4D u/s before I buy out the Carters baby girl section:)
Belly button in or out?: in, but belly ring is getting uncomfortable
Movement?: even during the day now!  I enjoy it...but even after being pregnant before, it's pretty weird!
Signs of Labor: thank God no
What I miss?: consistent energy  
What I'm looking forward to: NBR:  being done with Christmas shopping
Weekly Wisdom: a day of rest from working out really helps my body out.  I gotta let up a bit
Weekly WTF: back pain??? Where did that come from??? I must be getting old!Milestones: The obvious is being 20 weeks, but also I'm excited we cleaned out the nursery closet and started to organize baby stuff.  I'm dying to nest nest nest...but am trying to hold off till after the holidays. 

Baby Girl's Stats:
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.)
She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

No comments: