AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blackjack!

Today I'm 21 weeks, 1 day.  I'm so busy at work and life these days, I want to be "on-time" with my updates...but sometimes I can't find a minute.  Here's where baby girl and I stand as of lucky 21!


Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 21 weeks, 1 day
Weight gain/loss: don't plan to know until my last Dr appt.
Symptoms:  back pain, pressure "down there", food aversions, but that's about it...and I can live with these versus my first 16 weeks...ugh!
Maternity clothes?: It was with great saddness that I packed away all my "regular" pants yesterday, and replaced the area in my closet with maternity clothes and regular clothes that still work...such is life and pregnancy I guess.
Stretch marks?: no...but new red veins all the time :(
Sleep:  actually very well these days. 
Best moment this week:  committing to a name for our little girl.  It felt good to have that question answered.  It felt like progress...and us Type-A'ers love forward progress! Also, this week I got an unbeatable deal on the tall PBK dresser that goes with our crib set at the outlet.  I was on that savings high for days!  Yaaa me!
Food cravings: still soup & salad.  My food aversions are going away though, which has been nice.
Gender:  GIRL!  it's still so weird to call it a "her" or "she"...but I love it!
Belly button in or out?: in, but belly ring is getting uncomfortable
Movement?: all day, everyday.  Hubby can feel it now too, which is fun.  I'm still trying to find a time for Ty to feel it too.
Signs of Labor: thank God no
What I miss?: my cute shoes.  These days, to save my legs from more veins than necessary, and swelling, I go for comfort.  Sooooo not like me!  
What I'm looking forward to: the rocker should arrive next week.  I'm excited to see what it looks like in the room. 
Weekly Wisdom: actually TAKING my vitamins really helps me have more energy.  So...don't forget your vitamins preggo!
Weekly WTF: Another red vein on my legs????  WTF!!!!
Milestones: Besides the picking a name thing, I finally bit the bullet and cleaned out my closet to make room for the maternity clothing.  ::sigh::  I need to go shopping!
 
Bryn's Stats:
  • Length is now measured crown to heel.
  • The fetus has grown to 10.5 inches (27 cm) - 12.7 ounces (360 grams).
  • It is now gaining weight steadily, with fat being added to the body.
  • Bone marrow has started making blood cells.
  • Their small intestine is starting to absorb sugars.

Your baby's bone marrow has started making blood cells, a job done by the liver and spleen until this point. The placenta has provided nearly all of your baby's nourishment, now your baby will begin to absorb small amounts of sugar from swallowed amniotic fluid.

Based on the size of baby's head, which is about 2 inches (5cm), the date of birth can be determined to within one week. The fetus is steadily gaining fat and has grown a whitish coat of a slick, fatty substance to protect skin in amniotic fluid and to ease delivery.

In girls, the vagina is formed and the ovaries already contain over six million eggs which will be reduced to about 400 by the time of puberty. For boys, the testes begin to descend from the abdomen this week. (Boys don't produce sperm until puberty).

The baby can hear and recognize the mother's voice, and may respond to some types of music

 

2 comments:

Marissa said...

You look great!!!

Stefanie said...

Awww...I love your little belly. You look so cute!