AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fourteen Weeks ~ My baby can pee!!


Lovebug's Stats:
This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.

In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches —
about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and his spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.


Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 14 weeks and  less than 5 away from finding out if we're cooking a boy or a girl!!!!!!
Weight gain/loss: I have no idea! 
Symptoms:  This week, headaches. 
Maternity clothes?: yes.  I'm probably 50/50 now.
Stretch marks?: nope. But I did find a new broken blood vessel on my left leg in the shower today...eek!
Sleep:  Every night between 9:30-10pm, and dreams are wild!
Best moment this week: time with my fellow mommy-to-be Heather for a pedicure!Food cravings: fruits & veggies....such a complete 180 from my 1st tri.
Gender: Will find out in less than 5 weeks...yaaa!  Girls still scare me.
Belly button in or out?: in
Movement?: yes, when I lay down baby is rolling around in there...no kicks yet though.
Signs of Labor: nope
What I miss?: sushi this week...oh I can barely say it without wanting to run out to buy it immediately.  Oh sushi...real sushi...how I miss you!
What I'm looking forward to: working out more than 3 days/week...and this week...I think it might happen.  I might even make it back to spin this week...or at least by next.  I even signed up for the Turkey Day 5K in my hometown!!
Weekly Wisdom: eating well & working out actually keeps me sane!
Weekly WTF: what's with the body acne...I mean...come on?!?  I definitely didn't have this problem with Ty...hence the WTF!
Milestones: more good days than bad in 1 week...and I have made dinner more times than not this week too...yaaaa!  I'm on the mend!  I'm also so much more organized at work being more clear-headed and less pukey!  :)

Notes from a Nutty Mom-of-two-to-be:
**I'm breaking down and buying a fetal doppler this weekend...I know...only crazies do this.  I can't help it.  From going from an RE and monitoring every 2 weeks, to not seeing my baby till the big u/s at the end of Nov, I just can't take it!!!
** I have a registry.  I know (slaps own hand) bad me for being a 2nd time mom and creating a registry.  But can you blame a girl who wants the 10% off completion coupons and the hope that the grandmas will take a look and help us out?? :) :)  Maybe for a little holiday called, oh...Christmas (wink, wink).  Now if only I can figure out how to erase the duplicate registry that was somehow created!
**My BFPB is due in less than a week and I am soooo excited for her to meet her little man!  Ya Stef...we made it together! :) :)
**Would it be weird if I just wore a sign all the time that said "no I'm not eating too many butterfingers,  I'm actually pregnant"????
**Is it bad I'm trying to convince my friend Heather to find out the sex of her baby even though her and her hubby so clearly discussed that they were, in fact, absolutely not finding out...just so I can satisfy my own curiosities?!?
**If I somehow "bribe" my 3 year old so that he gets out of diapers before April...does that make me a bad mom?!

No comments: