After struggling with SIF, and with a little help from an RE, we finally got our perfect family of four!
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
5 Weeks
I found a very neat website that summarizes what is happening to our little lovebug each week. Here's what it says for the 5th week:
"The tiny embryo has a head and a tail end. By this time all the building blocks for the baby's vital organs are in place.The brain and spinal chord has already started to form.Tiny blood vessels are now forming. The embryo is taking oxygen through the developing placenta and the bag of membrane (amniotic sac) is also forming. This will contain the water(amniotic fluid) in which our baby will be protected and continue to grow. At this stage, the developing heart can be seen as a bulge. The embryo would look like a prawn in shape. At this stage the head can already be distinguished clearly from the body. The embryo has a curved back which marks the begining of the central nervous system. The embryo is attached by a stalk to the developing placenta".
Mommy's Stats:
How far along?: 5 weeks
Weight gain/loss: have no idea! Afraid to weigh myself, but I gained 4 lbs to get KU!
Maternity clothes?: Not yet, but lots of comfy and flowy clothes.
Stretch marks?: nope.
Sleep: fine so far, except for the bad dreams when I get AF
Best moment this week: my second betas & scheduling my 1st u/s!!!
Food cravings: nothing yet, but definitely picky, with nausea that comes & goes.
Gender: Chinese Gender Chart says a girl, I think it's a boy, Mike won't solidify a guess.
Belly button in or out?: In
Movement?: nope:( Can't wait though. I just looked up when I had my first movement with Ty.
Signs of Labor: Well I hope not!
What I miss?: flat stomach & small boobs that didn't bounce when I worked out.
What I'm looking forward to: Our1st u/s Monday!!!
Weekly Wisdom: gum DOES NOT help with nausea...it just creates more spit and makes me wanna ralph!
Weekly WTF: Seriously boobs??? You're already huge!
Milestones: Just passed the day I had my last m/c. That felt good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment