This morning we had our first u/s and I was beyond nervous. I was so nervous that I got to the Doctor's office over 30 minutes early. So instead of sitting in the parking lot feeling nervous, I stopped off at McDonalds to use the facilities and burn some time.
Dr. Chin was very calming, as always, and seemed optimistic about my betas, progesterone numbers, and symptoms. He answered a few of my questions, then started with the trans-vaginal u/s. For those of you that have no idea what that is, don't feel bad. I'm too early for the traditional u/s, so the Dr does them through the who-ha to get a better look at my uterus, and the development in there. Here's a fun visual for those of you wondering...if you get queasy...skip ahead:)
I didn't know what to expect, and I was praying to see something. Quicky after the procedure started, a very irregularly shaped sac came into view. There was my "baby". The gestational sac is a good sign, since my m/c have both been early. We couldn't see the baby yet, since it's less than 3mm in size, but the sac was 18mm, measuring right on at 5.5 weeks. We were relieved, but still cautious. I go in again in 1 week, on Monday the 6th, for another TVu/s. The Dr said I'd see the baby this time, hopefully, and get to see a HB (not time to hear it quite yet...but seeing is believing right??!!). They also took b/w and my progesterone levels were above 20, which is what they want to see. I'm ready for next week! :)
Here are the beginnings of our lovebug!
Here are the beginnings of our lovebug!




No comments:
Post a Comment